Our summer staff members are a key component of our camp program. In most cases, our camp program is only as effective as our summer staff is! At CSBC, all summer staff members receive comprehensive training in leadership and discipleship as well as experience and proficiency in each of our activities. We believe that the right people, submitted to Christ, can make all the difference in the lives of our campers!
Will You Answer the Call?
If you want a chance to work with a team, to lead by example, to share what Christ means to you, to serve others, and to grow in your Christian walk then you should consider spending a summer on staff at CSBC.
“I have been going to CSBC for years as both a camper and a counselor. It has been an awesome experience.“
Some summer staff members have greater leadership responsibility than others, but all have the opportunity to interact with campers, be involved in skits, music, and all the great activities that make camp fun.
“When I joined the staff at CSBC, I became part of a family. Every summer I look forward to having a reunion with the campers and other staff members.”
Along with the fun, you will serve others by helping with the various tasks around camp such as kitchen work and clean up work.
“Since I have been working at camp, my relationship with God has been strengthened in a way that I hadn’t thought it would. As a staff member, I had to be a Christian witness, both inside and out, at all times.”
A summer spent serving the LORD at CSBC –what more could you ask for!?
“I LOVE Camp!”
Positions Available for Summer Staff
- Program Instructors - TBD
- Senior Counselors - must be 18 yrs old or older and a high school graduate
- Assistant Counselors - must be 16 yrs or older old and a high school junior
- Junior Staff (Support staff) - must turn 14 before January 1 of the current year
Opportunities for Summer Staff
- Individual, personal contact with campers and other staff
- Lead groups in cabin life and daily activities
- Involved in chapel programs - music, drama, testimonies
- Your Christian life will be examined and stretched
- By leading others, you will grow in your walk with Christ
- Training in group leadership, sharing Christ, first aid, outdoor activities, and recreation
Finances for Summer Staff
- Program Instructors, Senior Counselors, and Assistant Counselors receive a small salary. Junior Staff are asked to volunteer.
- Summer Staff who receive a salary have the opportunity to raise additional support. We will assist in the logistics of raising support.
- Most Summer Staff receive meals and room and board.
Summer Staff are required to complete an application and submit references. Adult staff will have a background check.